Monday, June 9, 2014

Unfinished

I am stuck in my own head

Trapped between warm thoughts of you

And icy thoughts of me

And I can see

No immediate end

'Cause that we said that we'd still be friends

But I don't wanna be

 

Fragile words spun into lies

To keep myself together

After all my hopes are pushed aside

But I don't need to hang on anymore


I am stuck in my own head
I've been living there 
Since you lured me to your bed
And what I need
Is an immediate end
To this lie that we're calling "friends"
'Cause it's killing me

Fragile words spun into lies

To keep myself together

So that I can look fine in your eyes

And I can see the way this is

Instead of what I wanted

And the way it might have been

But I don't want to hang on anymore 


Is this all I have (nothing to hang onto)

Is this all I am (nothing to lose)

 This isn't what my heart was made for

So I'm not going to hang on anymore

No comments:

Post a Comment